13 February 2009

Another Rat

This family is on rat number 4 in just over a month. First I bought 2 South American rats. I know what you are thinking, but they weren't as exotic as they sound. These rats were deemed unsuitable after 2 weeks of numerous bloody bites and were returned to the pet store. Next came the cutest, most lovable blue rat. He enjoyed spending time on my shoulder and never resisted being handled. Not once did he relieve himself on any of us here in the Scarlett house. Turns out he was not as affectionate as I had thought, he was sickly and died within 3 days. He just didn't have the strength to run when he saw that big human hand coming at him like an eagle's claw.


And that brings us rat number 4. Purchased just yesterday. So far so good.
*Note: The rat pictured is an artist's rendition of a rat, not the actual thing.

3 comments:

Miss Courageous said...

I like that painting... it reminds me or Ren & Stimpy for some reason.

Jasmijn Paauwe - van Est said...

I like this, its funny and I like the colors u used

Scarlett said...

Thank you ladies!